I probably break all the minimalist packing guide rules when it comes to tech gear. We are media nerds, and utilize technology so much in our work and in our fun. So here’s all the crazy gadgets we are traveling with [yes, still carry-on] during this 5 month adventure through Southeast Asia! We love making videos of where we travel and why we travel. I’m a social media nut. And all these things require gear! Almost all of these items are time tested, travel worn and loved by us! Hope this helps inspire future media travelers with putting their gear together.
- Macbook + charger
- Panasonic GH2 camera
- Rode mic
- External hard drive – 1 TB
- Thumb drive – 32GB
- Kindle Paperwhite + charger
- Adapter for lapel mic to plug into iPhone for videos
- iPhone + charger
- Camera batteries + recharger
- 3 SD cards, including a wifi enabled EyeFi card
- Lapel Mic
- Waterproof iPhone case – this is new! Haven’t used it yet!
- Extra bag to carry all the small stuff
- iPhone 5s + charger
So that’s how we travel with technology! Next post about our minimalist packing is about all the extra stuff!